Batu City, East Java, was established on October 17, 2001, a tourist city developed because of the economic and social potential that emerged due to the growth of tourism and its supporting industries. Batu City is a city that is located at an altitude of 700-1000 meters above sea level, with an average temperature of 21-23 degrees Celsius.
Batu City was chosen as the location of the 2019 AICMBS because it is not far from Malang City, where Brawijaya University is located. The distance between Malang City and Batu City is around 30 kilometers, and can be reached by using vehicle for 30 minutes. In addition, Batu City's access is quite easy to reach from various cities in Indonesia and abroad because it is 90 kilometers from Juanda International Airport (SUB) in Surabaya, and the trip taken from Juanda International Airport to Batu City can be reached in 2-3 hours depending on traffic conditions.
As a city developed because of its tourism potential, Batu City has quite a lot of tourist attractions, including:
- Jawa Timur Park Group, which has artificial-thematic parks that is very interesting for families (https://www.jtp.id)
- Nature tourism area in the form of waterfalls, caves, and hot springs, such as Coban Rondo, Coban Rais, Arboretum, Apple and Orange Picking Tours, Cangar Hot Springs, Selecta, and Songgoriti.
- Tourist Attraction of Tourism Villages and Agrotourism, such as Apple, Oranges, and Guava Picking Tours.
How to Get There
Batu City can be reached by plane through Juanda International Airport (SUB), in Surabaya, or through Abdul Rahman Saleh Airport (MLG), in Malang.
Via Surabaya, landing at Juanda International Airport (SUB)
If you come from abroad, it is highly recommended to reach Batu City through Juanda International Airport which has direct and connecting flight routes from major Indonesian cities such as Jakarta, Denpasar and Batam, as well as international direct flight routes from Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taipei-Taoyuan , Brunei, Thailand and Saudi Arabia, and connected to flights from several parts of the world with varied flight schedules.
After landing at the airport, the easiest way to get to Batu is to hire an official airport taxi for Rp.300,000-Rp.400,000 and you will be delivered directly to the AICMBS venue in Batu with a travel time of around 2-3 hours. However, other options are as follows:
- Airport Shuttle Bus to Purabaya Terminal, Surabaya then take a bus with Surabaya-Malang route which will arrive at Arjosari Terminal, Malang. After arriving, you must take a local taxi to be delivered from Arjosari Terminal to the venue in Batu City.
- In addition to buses, Juanda Airport is also connected by a train that can be booked through an online booking application at a lower cost than renting an Airport Taxi to Batu City.
- If you are still having trouble making reservations for public transportation, you can contact the 2019 AICMBS committee to rent a private-pickup vehicles, with costs paid by 2019 AICMBS participants.
For the late arrivals, there are lots of hotels right near the airport; until about 10:00 PM, there is a hotel booking office at the airport that will find you a room; after that, just hire a taxi and ask them to find a nearby hotel in your price range.
Direct Landing in Malang, via Abdul Rahman Saleh (MLG) Airport Malang
Abdul Rachman Saleh Airport is served by daily flights from Jakarta which are operated by Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, Citilink, and Lion Air, as well as daily flights from Denpasar which are operated by Wings Air. The airport is located in the east of the city, and there is a cheap and easy taxi ride from the airport to the venue of AICMBS 2019.
If you are still having difficulty booking public transportation, you can contact the 2019 AICMBS committee to rent a private-pickup vehicle, from Abdul Rahman Saleh Malang Airport to the venue in Batu City, with costs paid by 2019 AICMBS participants.
Local transportation during the venue can also use online transportation such as the Grab or Go-Jek application which is available both in Malang City and Batu City.
Tour Package of AICMBS 2019 (Optional)
You can also enjoy tour packages and conferences (optional) provided by AICMBS 2019 partners, with details:
- Pickup and Return local transportation (All 4 days)
- Hotels in Batu for 4 days
- Tour packages in Batu + Bromo
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Not included = flight and Indonesian visa.
- Download the pdf file - information of the tour package AICMBS 2019
For more information:
Committee of AICMBS 2019
Indonesian Participant = Sigit (+62)811-361-721
Worldwide Participant = Dr. Sri Palupi (+62)811-3512-300